Secure, automatic clamping with a pneumatically operated clamp
Pneumatically operated clamps allow automation of the manual clamping action of standard toggle clamps, opening up new applications. They are actuated by compressed air and can be used to securely clamp parts remotely by the push of a button. If the pressure fails, the pneumatically operated clamp remains closed.
Advantages of pneumatically operated clamps
Pneumatically operated clamps offer the following advantages:
- Automation of the clamping action
- Querying of the clamp position and integration into the plant control system
- Simple and convenient installation thanks to standardized connections
- Simultaneous operation of multiple clamps
- Expandable such as with position sensing
Ganter’s selection of pneumatically operated clamps
Ganter offers a large selection of pneumatically operated clamps, power clamps and swing clamps. They differ primarily in terms of their clamping principle, size, ease of operation and holding force.
- Pneumatically operated toggle clamps: These clamps are technically identical to manual toggle clamps, except that the clamping mechanism is actuated by a pneumatic cylinder.
- Power clamps: These pneumatically operated clamps feature a high clamping force together with compact dimensions.
- Swing clamps: These pneumatically operated clamps are used when the clamping point must be freely accessible for inserting and removing the workpiece. The clamping action is divided into a swinging movement of the clamping arm and a linear clamping motion.
Buy pneumatically operated clamps from Ganter
Pneumatically operated clamps from Ganter are designed for use in mass production, and a variety of different shapes and quality levels are available according to the specific application. Ganter also offers an extensive range of accessories for these standard parts. This allows the pneumatically operated clamps to be optimally integrated into nearly any installation situation.